Over the past few years, Wish has become the most downloaded global shopping app. With offices located around the world, it’s one of the largest online marketplaces, and one of the most convenient spaces for sellers looking to reach a large range of customers.
What is Wish?
Wish is an e-commerce platform through which buyers can purchase items directly from merchants. It hosts a number of different products, including apparel, books, household goods, and electronics, and can be accessed either through its desktop application or mobile app. Perhaps the most appealing aspect of Wish to consumers is that it offers items at extremely discounted rates.
Boasting a 4.5-star rating, the Wish app outperforms both the eBay and Amazon apps in terms of customer satisfaction. It’s the #1 shopping app on the Google Play Store, #2 on the Apple App Store, and is currently home to 500,000 registered merchants and 150 million products. Fashion items account for over half of Wish sales, while home decor and electronic gadgets follow close behind. It’s a platform utilized primarily by young females, though its user base is growing in popularity across demographic lines.
The most successful sellers on Wish are those that properly price and categorize their products, so it’s important to be mindful of these factors when listing your items on the platform.
Benefits of Selling on Wish
With an array of online platforms to choose from, sellers may wonder: what makes Wish special?
- A Global Customer Base: One of the key benefits to selling on Wish is that you’re able to reach customers from all over the world. Though most shoppers hail from North America and Europe, a sizable number of customers can be found in Brazil, Asia, and Australia as well.
- Mobile-Focused: Wish can be accessed via desktop, but it’s best optimized for mobile. In fact, Wish is a leading mobile commerce platform, with 90% of interactions taking place on mobile. The app is user-friendly and easy to browse, as items are categorized according to a shopper’s interests and past searches. This makes it easier for customers to find and purchase your products.
- Targeted Marketing: Wish creates a user experience designed to attract shoppers to your brand. Using a combination of targeted marketing and user retention perks, the platform ensures that you stay connected to your customers—before AND after a transaction.
- Low Fees: The Wish marketplace is unique in that it only charges sellers upon the completion of a sale. There are no monthly or annual subscription fees, and you don’t have to pay to list your products. Their commission rate is 15%, which covers all costs associated with the sale, including shipping. This simplifies the sales process on both ends.
- Extensive Product Listings: Whatever your product, Wish has a place for it. The platform lists everything from books to clothing to furniture, making it an ideal marketplace for a diverse range of sellers.
Start Selling on Wish with Listing Mirror
Listing Mirror is pleased to announce its recent integration with Wish. Our new partnership will enable sellers to list and manage their With products more efficiently. Here are a few ways that our software can help you get started with selling on Wish:
- Cross-Platform Synchronization: Listing Mirror updates all your platforms immediately following a sale. This helps to ensure you aren’t overselling on any one site.
- Improved Listing Accuracy: With Listing Mirror, you can easily deploy product listings between channels without the need for manually copying and pasting information. This saves your business valuable time and energy.
- Order Fulfillment: In addition to our synchronization services, Listing Mirror helps you fulfill your Wish orders. We provide ShipStation integration, centralized order management, automatic tracking info updates, and more. If you’re already working with a fulfillment partner, we can connect to them.
- Expert Support: Listing Mirror offers a comprehensive support package, including onboarding help and support available via phone, chat, and email. Our team of experts is ready and willing to address whatever concerns you may have.
As the Wish marketplace continues to grow, competing in many aspects among the ranks of giants such as Amazon and eBay, it’s becoming an increasingly relevant platform for individual sellers. It’s especially popular with young people—60% are under 30 years old. So for those targeting a young, mobile-savvy audience, selling through the Wish app is the way to go.
Get Started with Listing Mirror
Listing Mirror is here to help you get started on your Wish journey. Our synchronization and order fulfillment services can simplify your selling process and take the stress out of managing multi-channel listings. If you are interested in learning more about our services, including our new integration with Wish, please reach out to us today. We are happy to assist you. Listing Mirror also offers a 14-day free trial so that you can see how our software is able to assist you with your selling process.