Implementing Successful E-commerce Marketing Strategies for Ultimate Growth
In 2017 alone, over 1.6 billion people across the globe purchased something from an online store. With so many people shopping online every day, it’s no wonder that there are a plethora of online stores trying to gain attention from consumers.
Trying to market your e-commerce site may seem like an impossible feat when competing with so many well-established online businesses. However, there are some proven e-commerce growth strategies to make your business stand out from the crowd and reach a greater online audience. Below are a few steps you can take today.
Automated Email Marketing
Email marketing has shown an average return of 122%. This is four times higher than using marketing strategies like direct mail or paid search. This is also one of the simplest ways to increase the likelihood of customers returning to your website.
When users visit your site, you can offer discounts or special coupons in exchange for their email address. As soon as they give their address, it is recommended to send a type of automated welcome email that thanks them for using your store. Other automated email responses can include:
- Order confirmation emails. These are automated messages that keep customers in-the-know about when they should expect their product to be delivered.
- Cart abandonment. These messages are reminders sent to consumers if they leave your website without completing a purchase.Including pictures of the item they left in the cart or giving them a direct link back to their cart can be a great motivator for people to return to your site!
- Review emails. These emails ask consumers for feedback or reviews about their shopping experience. Automating these messages to follow after a customer receives a product is an easy way to learn what consumers like or dislike.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO is the process of making your website more likely to appear in results when users search specific products or keywords. Although Google changes or updates its algorithms an average of 500-600 times per year, the main objectives that search engines look for largely remain the same:
- Content Marketing. Having a variety of unique, consistently updated information on your website is one of the top factors that influences SEO. This information can include blog posts, “how-to” guides, videos, or social media posts. Include keywords for your business in these articles as well!
- Website design and development. This falls into the category of “technical SEO.” When building your website, make sure your website is mobile-friendly, easy to navigate, and has fast page loading times.
- Link building. Connecting with other relevant websites gives your own site more credibility in both search engines and in the eyes of your customers. You can do this by practicing simple blogging habits. You can include relevant website links in your blog posts, or even by guest posting on other industry blogs. Both will help your business be seen by a greater audience, and will help develop a rapport with other leading websites.
Social Media Presence
Having a variety of up-to-date social media accounts for your business is a surefire way to reach a greater audience. 43% of companies with online stores reported that they noticed increased traffic when they consistently updated their social media accounts.
Having both an established website and well-managed social media accounts can increase online visibility for your business. Online social cues, such as likes, retweets, and links will also clue you in to what consumers are currently interested in.
Another benefit of utilizing social media accounts is that you can chat and interact with potential customers in real time. This is a great opportunity to answer questions, let consumers know what your company specializes in, and direct users to your company website. You can connect with consumers through regular posts, or you can utilize platforms like Facebook Live to engage with social media users.
Participating in online forums on Facebook or Tumblr can also help you build a reputation as an innovative business with fresh ideas.
Whether your business has just launched or your products have been on the market for years, being able to sell your products on multiple channels is a game changer. With over 1.5 billion websites around the globe, it can seem like a challenge to market your website and direct consumer traffic there.
This is where services like ListingMirror come into play. With Listing Mirror, you can post your products across multiple different online channels, including Amazon, Walmart, and Ebay. This is an easy way to reach a larger audience and attract new customers. ListingMirror also features free training and daily updates about the latest information on e-commerce sales, sales channels, and multi-channel sales so that your business can have all the information it needs to be successful.
Erin is the Co-Founder of Listing Mirror.