Choosing a top-quality eCommerce platform is critical for setting your business up for success. But it is not a simple task.
There are many different platforms available, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. You must consider a number of important factors when choosing a platform, and the choice has a huge impact on the future of your business.
To help make the process easier, we have created a comparison of the top three eCommerce platforms. In this post, we share the pros and cons of the best webstores to help you determine the one that suits your eCommerce business.
WooCommerce is an excellent webstore for new and growing businesses as well as established enterprises. With WooCommerce, you can easily build your store on WordPress and integrate content and media. WooCommerce makes it easy to modify and customize every aspect of your store and sell physical products, digital downloads, book appointments, or offer subscriptions.
- Completely open-source. Your designer or programmer can alter its code, making it truly customizable.
- A great choice for those with previous WordPress experience.
- Suitable for both professional users and beginners.
- Flexible- works well for all kinds of online shops regardless of niche or products. Can be used to sell physical, virtual, or downloadable products.
- Great cybersecurity
- The large community of users, developers, and contributors.
- Downloading speed and performance is hampered by installing too many plugins or extensions.
- Although WooCommerce is free, you must pay for some extensions.
- Those who find WordPress difficult to use will struggle with WooCommerce.
- Extra cost to add additional payment methods like credit cards.
BigCommerce is one of the best options for small businesses. It is a hosted eCommerce solution and a full SaaS platform with excellent store management capabilities. BigCommerce has everything you need to grow your small business and many important features at no additional cost. With BigCommerce, you can sell on multiple channels and scale quickly.
- It offers extreme scalability, with users seeing 28% average annual growth!
- Many built-in sales tools and great integration options.
- Multichannel selling with Amazon, eBay, and social media channels.
- Great SEO tools.
- Affordable price.
- The minimal template offers compared to competitors.
- Advanced features are quite expensive.
- Some advanced features and complicated terminology make it difficult to use, especially for beginners.
For the best, most comprehensive eCommerce platform, choose Shopify. Shopify is made with your store in mind and offers many features and apps to help you sell through the website and many different channels. Choose from hundreds of stunning templates with 24/7 support. This easy-to-use platform offers quick set up and is suitable for many different types of businesses.
- Extremely easy to use and set up
- Intuitive interface.
- Includes SEO features.
- Many different free themes to choose from.
- Customize themes with the drag-and-drop feature.
- Incredible integration with other sales channels and software.
- Unparalleled customer support available 24/7 via phone, email, live chat, and Twitter.
- Is one simple portal to reach all your customers and handle marketing, payments, and more.
- Shopify’s biggest downfall is its cost. If you are not careful, it is easy to rack up costs on plugins, themes, and features. Make sure to carefully research the packages and fees so you can select the best one for your business.
- It can also be a bit challenging to make changes using coding yourself.
The Best Overall Webstore
All of the web stores above are some of the best available. Of these three top eCommerce platform options, we highly recommend Shopify. With Shopify, you can truly start your business and build your brand. Use this one platform to sell to anyone, anywhere. Built-in tools allow you to market your business and manage your workflows on a single dashboard.
The best part of Shopify?
Shopify integrates well with Listing MIrror to make it even easier to manage your online business. We can transfer your product listings to your Shopify store to make multichannel selling a breeze. Learn more about Shopify and Listing Mirror integration or get started with your free trial today by contacting us HERE.