are a vital part of every eCommerce business. You need to have because they serve as a legally binding document between the buyer and supplier. The purchase order protects both the buyer and vendor and is crucial for inventory management. Before advanced technological solutions were available, tracking was a complicated nightmare. Luckily, modern technology offers powerful solutions for every step of tracking , especially receiving them. Learn more about how the process of receiving has changed and how Inventory Mirror will make it a breeze.
The Old Method: Manual Purchase Order Tracking
The traditional method for purchase order tracking involved a lot of paper, time, and headache.used to be filled out on paper and submitted to the supplier by hand or on a typewriter. This old process required multiple copies in different colors so that the paperwork could all be correctly attached and filed. With so many papers, it was easy to forget or misplace one, which could lead to paying for an incorrect invoice number. Manually processing by hand had many downfalls. Some of the main issues with this old method include:
- Inaccurate and error-prone
- Tedious, lengthy task
- Costly and time-consuming
The Solution: Digital
Luckily, there are now advanced software options for processing Inventory Mirror simplifies your entire inventory management process and will make receiving easy. Make purchase order management a breeze with Inventory Mirror. You can easily create and send using your Vendor Catalogs and receive items against the in the Inventory Mirror app. The process for purchase order receiving is straightforward and will ensure your are handled correctly. To receive using Inventory Mirror, you simply:. Technology makes purchase order processing much more efficient.
- Access your purchase order through Inventory Mirror.
- When using the Inventory Mirror Lite version, you must manually enter your received goods in the appropriate column. When using the pro version, you have access to a barcode scanner which automatically completes this process when you scan the SKUs.
- Save the updated purchase order. The purchase order will then automatically move to “received” status.
- After the order is paid for, the purchase order will then move to “completed”.